The Coastal Research Group (CRG) was founded in 1983 by a group of family medicine educators, program directors, and public policy leaders. The organization grew through the 1980s and 1990s, focusing on promotion and enhancement of family medicine education through conferences, forums, publications, research and policy analysis. In the 2000s, the organization added online student resources to further promote its mission to diffuse information and encourage improvements in community and family-centered healthcare delivery.
The mission of the Coastal Research Group is:
- To conduct research in the academic discipline of family medicine and primary health care delivery
- To encourage improvements in community and family-centered healthcare delivery
- To record and preserve the history of the family medicine movement
- To diffuse information through appropriate publications
- To conduct policy analysis and to conduct appropriate conferences and workshops consistent with the organization’s purposes
A Nonprofit Organization
The Articles of Incorporation of the Coastal Research Group were filed July 6, 1983 in the Office of the Secretary of State of the State of California. The Coastal Research Group is organized under the Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation Law for charitable purposes. It is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as an Internal Revenue Code 501 (c) (3) tax exempt organization. Contributions to the Coastal Research Group are tax-deductible.
Interested persons are invited to write us at the following address:
Coastal Research Group
PO Box 2355
Granite Bay, CA 95746